If you’ve received this link from me, it’s because I would like to build a long term professional relationship with you for the future. I hope that this saves a lot of time and helps you understand where my skills lie and what it is I expect in the future.
Before you contact me, I would ask the following because of my experiences in the past with recruiters in general:
- Please only send through roles that match the items in the section “Things I Do” below;
- I like to do my own research about the company, so expect me to ask straight away if you don’t supply the company name. And no I won’t disclose the information to competitors - or reveal in reverse;
- If I apply for a job through you, I expect clear & consistent communication and feedback until I get the final result, whatever that result may be;
- Please try to limit the number of people from your company that approach me, I want to build long term relationships;
- Please include location & salary/day rate in the subject header (eg: New Opportunity: London £550/Day);
Naturally, I will respond as soon as it is convenient to do so and talk to you first if I think there is someone that I know that might be interested in the role instead so that I can put you in touch with each other.
Seeking: Contracts Only
Available as of: 18th September 2017
I am currently based in: Bournemouth, UK
Transportation status: Full & Clean UK driving license, no car presently.
Inside of the UK, I am willing to work in the following locations (for other locations, please check with me):
- High Wycombe
- Milton Keynes
I will consider international roles in the following countries only but I will need a lot of information so that I can make my decision (eg: where in country, local area details if known, languages spoken, have you placed at this company before etc):
- United States
I can, and have, fulfilled remote work positions. That said, I prefer working in an office with others unless the team is fully setup for remote working (eg: everyone is remote).
Contract Rate: >= £450 (Depending on location)
Permenant Rate: >= £50,000
I will consider slightly lower on a case by case basis.
What Interests Me
I love to be challenged mentally whether it’s designing architectures or finding a solution to a complex problem. I need to have the choice over the technology that I use and not be constrained in my ability to create & innovate. I have a strong passion for clean coding, dependency injection, unit testing and a decent CI/CD story.
Things I Do
The more the role ticks these boxes the better:
- ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET Core (MVC)
- Database Work:
- SQL Server 2008+
- Entity Framework 6+
- Service Bus
- Table Storage
- Document DB
- Service Fabric
- Octopus Deploy
- IIS 7+
- Scripting in Powershell
- Windows Server 2008+ (installation and management, GUI only)
- Basic network design and implementation (IPv4 & IPv6)
- Other Tools:
- Solutions Architecture
Things I Will Do
… but have no commercial experience in yet:
- Entity Framework Core
Things I Don’t Do (Anymore)
I don’t mind if the role says experience would be beneficial, but for referencing purposes only. I don’t want to be working with this technology anymore.
- Web Forms
- Episerver/Sitefinity (or just any CMS digital agency work)
By far, I prefer technical tests that run either as a discussion or a pair programming session. In my opinion, these sessions offer greater value over writing test projects as you can get to know how a person thinks and about their attitudes towards software development.